10 years ago:
I was 14, in 8th grade and lived for Wednesdays and Sundays at church, with my girlfriends. We were an incredibly dramatic bunch. We all crushed on the same boys. (I will name names here: Matt Norris, John Mason, Jeremy Tartar.) I spent ALL my waking hours in the ballet studio. I liked to read a lot. My favorite show was Saved By the Bell. What else? Those are the most important things I think...
On my to-do list for today:
-The Fount (The Village's monthly college ministry event) -Buy a tape recorder for a conference I'm covering this weekend. -Reserve a hotel in Houston. -Call insurance because my car was the victim of a hit and run this weekend. -Get a pedicure -Spend quality time on the treadmill.
What I would do if I suddenly became a billionaire:
1. Start a foundation where all my investments would be given to charity. Probably to fight childhood obesity. This is my number one "cause." This gets me excited just thinking about it.
2. Give 10% to The Village Church. (In reality, Christ is my true #1 cause. Fighting obesity is second.)
3. Give 10% to some kind of arts endownment for urban Dallas children. Music, dance, the visual arts, you name it.
4. Buy a sweet house in Maui, and Southern California. They are green energy houses.
5. Learn how to surf and buy the BEST equipment.
6. Buy cars for me and my family - all hybrids of course.
7. I have no idea, give more to my church I think.
8. Get a new wardrobe.
3 Bad Habits:
1. I am starting to procrastinate, this is a new one.
2. I dont' make my bed.
3. I'm a facebook stalker.
5 jobs I've had:
1. Worked for the Byron Nelson golf tournament.
2. Intern for Texas Tech Athletics - I was published in Red Raider Sports Magazine, and on the Web.
3. Worked for the United Spirit Arena - helped at concerts like Motley Crue and other interesting shows...
4. Director of Communications for Dallas Arts District Alliance (this one ruined my life)
5. I was offered a position at the US Olympics Office in Colorado, but I turned it down.
6. I was also offered a position at a concert venuee booking and running events, I turned that one down too.5 things people don't know about me:
1. I am split down the middle btwn bossy/shy, leader/follower, quiet/loud.
2. I was bit by a german shepherd, and have been scared of big dogs ever since.
3. I love mellow music - it speaks to my soul. I can't stand rap.
4. DEATHLY afraid of heights.
5. I never believed in Santa Claus.
I'm tagging .... April, Rachel Rhea, Steph Stanford.