Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's either this or that ...

So I pick this.

I'm bloggin at work because I don't want to be doing anything else on my "To-Do List." But I'm in the middle of typing out years of notes my boss Bob Feather has made about life, Christianity, fundraising, wedding ceremonies as well as funerals. At 79, he's lived an incredible life and has the funniest stories to tell.

Thinkin on things I like these days:
-Sleepin through a big storm. I was totally passed out last night and missed all the thunder and rain, it's such a peaceful feeling to be warm in bed during a big storm. Reminds me of West Texas.
-My boyfriend. Yeah, that's right. I said it!! You may be going, "Whaaat? When did this happen?" Yeah, it's still relatively new news. But I've known this kid for 5 years and can safely say he's wonderful. :)
-April Heflich. Basically my mind twin. We are the same in a lot of ways and different in so many as well that our friendship perfectly complements one another. This girl has much more strength than I think any of us realize.
(oops I just choked on my water. Ok.)
-Cafe Brazil. (Even though my car was the victim of a hit-and-run there one innocent Sunday morning), they have great breakfasts.
-Running. I've been tossing around the idea of doing some longer races this year, and I am officially joining a running club to train for the half marathon this fall.
-DBU home group. These girls have been a joy in my life and so full of love and boundless energy! They truly desire the Lord and I have seen so many of them give Christ all glory in the most challenging parts of their life as they pursue him more deeply. I am sad but excited to turn this group over to one of the girls and I'm going to start coaching other leaders at the Village, a transition and job change that I'm excited about.

Consider this list as me counting my blessings.

1 comment:

April Marie said...

You are my JOY Stephanie Orr and I love you!!