Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cutthroat Christmas!







(this is for you Elise)

In an office where Christmas sweaters are the rule, not the exception, I must tell you all about the Christmas potluck we had today with some of the women at work.
1. We all were supposed to bring a salad or dessert
2. There was congealed jello salad present. Enough said
3. There was plenty of what some would deem "bad use of denim"
4. I made a pasta salad (I will say here that I don't really LIKE pasta salad but it's growing on me. I think it's just because I made it. It included asparagus and lemon zest, which I call "mature food." I have never before cooked with green onions, asparagus, and lemon zest. Up until now it's been brownie mixes and the occasional fajitas. )
5a. We played a Christmas gift exchange known as "Cutthroat Christmas" where there are rules and you open gifts and trade, ya know, the like. The veteran ladies introduced a twist this year with the rules which were democratically VOTED UPON the day before at lunch, and let me tell you there was a lot of politicking going on beforehand. Me, the youngest and sweetest of the bunch swooped in, gave my opinion, and swayed the whole lot of them. And it was a very cutthroat gift exchange indeed.
5b. I got the one gift that was somewhat scandalous ... a Santa apron and santa chef hat ... complete with mistletoe ... but at the end of the day, I still have Mono. =(
6. Welcome to the Baptist General Convention of Texas. =)








1 comment:

elise said...

i love it! i'm so proud of you for posting pictures!!! and i love the 3 new posts that i'd had yet to see until now :) they make me happy. i miss you, and i hope you're starting to feel better, or at least having some "feeling ok" days. love you!