Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." ~Jane Austen

Tonight is a rare gem: sitting at home on my couch watching one of my favorite book-turned-movies: The Count of Monte Cristo. Sipping on white wine and eating pasta I actually cooked at home, and enjoying my little corner of this crazy city. I have two windows in the corner of my living room, and can see bits and pieces of downtown, and mostly headlights of cars zooming down 75. Places to go, people to see. I love my quiet little corner of the madness. It's this little bubble of joy and happiness - which I believe represents where the Lord has me right now. There are situations in my life right now where the Lord is quietly whispering to me, "Sit. Relax. Wait. Put your feet up and get comfy, you won't be here for long, but it'll be awhile. Trust me till then." I am not a patient person by nature, but thankfully (to my surprise!) the Lord is giving me joy in the waiting.

Last weekend I went on a photosafari in Deep Ellum with my friend Elise. We bought these cool fisheye cameras and experiemented. Here are a few favorites:







No comments: