Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Peaceful" doesn't equal "Boring"

I have refrained from blogging for awhile simply because I didn't want to write just for the sake of writing - I want it to be worth your time to read!

A friend asked me the other day a simple question, "How are you?" I fumbled around for an answer and ended up responding life is "happy/busy/fast-paced/boring/slow" all at the same time. How in the HECK can that be?! Well ...

... the Lord is teaching me the true meaning of peace and patience. By (you guessed it!) allowing me time to struggle through experiencing times of patience. There are no shortcuts on this one! Yet He is washing me with peace like never before. The kind of peace that surpasses my understanding! The kind of peace in my soul and "be still-ness" that is almost eerie, and my mind is warring against it. I struggle with this calmness because sometimes I feel like where I'm at in life I shouldn't be feeling content, I should be striving and reaching and trying to figure out what the next stage of life holds. I have used to equate peaceful with boring, but that's so not true! The Lord is truly satisfying my soul these days.

True obedience leads to true freedom. This is a stark contrast to what our culture believes. But then again, Jesus was counter-cultural in his day. The Pharisees were looking for a warrior king to save them - the law-abiding religious sect who lived in captivity - who spent hours pouring over the Torah only to talk with the Lord and use these scriptures in attempt to trap Him. They didn't expect, nor did they appreciate, Jesus coming to save the demon-posessed man or the town prosty. ...now I'm rambling...

I honestly don't know what the theme of this time right now will be - except I am straining towards what lies ahead and throwing off all hindrances that have been holding me back. I think he's teaching me to trust him more, and letting me experience His peace and patience, a la Galatians 5.

Enough for now. More thoughts later.
I am craving peanut butter. And my leg is falling asleep.
Here's a few pics of last weekend!





No comments: