Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Smoke in Mirrors

Some thoughts on 08 ...

I'm not making resolutions this year. That is a very "American dream, go-get em" mindset. And the truth of the matter is that no matter how much we "resolve" to be better people, the only way we can live more satifying lives is by daily throwing ourselves on the mercy found at the foot of the cross. (And besides, just look at how many people quit going to the gym by mid-February.)

Lately it has given me so much joy to take life one day at a time. His word promises that his grace is sufficient for today.

And why worry about tomorrow? Because tomorrow will take care of itself. If the lilies of the field are clothed in all their splendor, how much more will the Lord take care of us?!!

BUT - I have learned that doesn't mean life is easy. Sometimes his grace simply allows me to endure hard times. (Prime example: 2007) But through it all God has been oh, so abundantly GOOD...

...another thing on my mind is the question: am I worshipping the THINGS of God, or do I seek his face and his nature solely? I don't want to be a person who blows smoke in mirrors, or worships the Lord's shadow instead of his beautiful, true image.

"Those who look to him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:5

So ... no resolutions. But I am getting a tattoo. So that's my big change for 08.

And my motto is: "Clean Slate in 08, baby!"










No comments: